- unable to program, have no idea how to do it
- can do some simple programs in whatever language, even something useful, perhaps even some killer application
- have a good understanding of algorithms like sorting or graphic filters and able to use them in programs in most domains
- able to write something like Notepad++ or a computer game or internet browser or major company’s software
- able to produce an OS; able to produce a complex game engine; real world modelling like weather/internal combustion engine; NASA, CERN, NSA, NORAD, etc.
- able to produce his own groundbreaking language and compiler – LISP, COBOL, C++ and some other qualify – or Satoshi Nakamoto scheme for Bitcoin or Ethereum like concepts
- a Paul Hsieh level grandmaster of code; parallel and vector programing; voice recognition; computer vision and other AI stuff
- independently devise major algorithms; makes computer proofs in mathematics; chess and go programs at the very top level
- build programs, which builds programs, which builds programs … any level deep; able to build an algorithms making machine
- making a nontrivial self-improving code a.k.a. superintelligence
- being a superintelligence, written by someone from the 10th floor
I have been waiting for THIS for a decade or so, googling constantly – ‘has it appeared yet?’
Every now and then a question was posted somewhere – ‘Can I run an executable inside a web page?’ The answer was mostly – ‘Why would you want to do that, it’s impossible anyway for a security reasons!’
Now the Web as we knew it for so long, is going to become – a new floppy disk.
For perspective’s sake, Big Data is nothing, for me. But THIS is huge. A necessary precursor for the next step that I have been waiting waiting for, for ten long years.